A quick guide on utilizing the Pi Developer portal to create your first application on Pi Network.
Easy Guide to Utilizing the Pi Developer Portal
The Pi Developer portal is the home to all developer-related tools required to build on the Pi blockchain.
Registering a project within the Pi Developer portal allows developers to use the Pi Software Development Kit (SDK) and generate an API key for building Decentralized Applications (dApp).
Developers can also utilize the portal’s features to test their applications within a local environment in the Pi Sandbox.
Here is a quick guide on how to access and utilize the Pi Developer tools to build on the mobile mining blockchain:
- Open the Pi Browser application and click on the “develop.pi” icon on the homepage. Upon visiting the portal for the first time, you will be presented with the terms and conditions.
- You can create and register your first project on the next page by clicking the “New App” button.
- Enter the App Name, a short description, and App Network on which your application will be built. App Network is the network you want your application to point towards, including Pi Testnet and Pi Mainnet.
- The Pi Testnet is for testing and has test Pi, which can be used to simulate transactions. The Pi Mainnet is the native blockchain that uses real Pi for transactions. It is best to build your application on Testnet before deploying it on Mainnet.
- Once you have created your project, you will be brought to the app dashboard page.
To complete your journey toward becoming a developer, watch the Pi Network Developer Portal guide and learn about the App Checklist, App Wallet, App Configuration, and more:
What is Pi Network:
Pi Network is a novel cryptocurrency and developer platform that allows mobile users to mine Pi coins without draining the device’s battery. Pi’s blockchain secures economic transactions via a mobile meritocracy system and a full Web 3.0 experience where community developers can build decentralized applications (dApps) for millions of users.
Where to find Pi Network:
Source : bsc.news
Founded in 2020, BSCNews is the leading media platform covering decentralized finance (DeFi) on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). We cover a wide range of blockchain news revolving mainly around the DeFi sector of the crypto markets. BSCNews aims to inform, educate and share information with the global investment community through our website, social media, newsletters, podcasts, research, and live ask me anything (AMA). Our content reaches hundreds of thousands of global investors who are active in the BSC DeFi space.