Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin introduced an updated roadmap for the network, including a new phase called “The Scourge” focused on decentralization.
Ethereum Co-Founder Posts New 6-Part Roadmap
Introducing “The Scourge” – the newest part of the updated Ethereum roadmap revealed by Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin recently on Twitter.
Following the successful “Merge” phase, the world’s number two blockchain entered “The Surge,” which has the goal of achieving 100,000 transactions per second using rollups.
Following The Surge is the new phase, The Scourge, which is focused on censorship resistance and decentralization.
After The Scourge, the roadmap essentially looks like previous versions, including “The Verge,” “The Purge” and “The Splurge,” with some key changes.
Buterin wrote on Twitter:
- The Verge✅ is not just about “verkle trees”, it’s about “verification”. Endgame: fully SNARKed ethereum
- The Scourge🧟(new): ensure reliable and fair credibly neutral transaction inclusion, solve MEV issues
- Single slot finality as stage 2 Merge🐼 milestone
- More concrete milestones in every category
- More explicit role for quantum-proofness as a necessary component of the “endgame” protocol.
Source : bsc.news
Founded in 2020, BSCNews is the leading media platform covering decentralized finance (DeFi) on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). We cover a wide range of blockchain news revolving mainly around the DeFi sector of the crypto markets. BSCNews aims to inform, educate and share information with the global investment community through our website, social media, newsletters, podcasts, research, and live ask me anything (AMA). Our content reaches hundreds of thousands of global investors who are active in the BSC DeFi space.