Ethereum founder, Vitalik Buterin, has redeployed his remaining share of his SHIB coins, sending 90% to a dead address, removing them from circulation, and preparing the remaining 10% to be given to charity.
SHIB & Buterin
In what seemed to be a huge marketing stunt or a gesture of good will, Shiba Inu or SHIB coin founder Ryoshi sent Buterin half of SHIBs coin total supply into Buterin’s wallet. Whether to help legitimize SHIB or garner attention, Buterin cared little for the stunt, soon regifting and burning the tokens he received. The remaining half of SHIB coin is currently locked as liquidity on UniSwap. SHIB coin also announced 5 days ago that phase 1 is now complete, as Shiba becomes more decentralized. cdn.embedly.com/widgets/media.html?type=text%2Fhtml&key=96f1f04c5f4143bcb0f2e68c87d65feb&schema=twitter&url=https%3A//twitter.com/shibtoken/status/1392764030163505153&image=https%3A//abs.twimg.com/errors/logo46x38.png
SHIB is currently priced at $0.00001501 a coin.
Ethereum is currently priced at $3,288.46 a coin.
A Locus of Power
Buterin let the crypto world know his thoughts on the gift, in his transaction found under Input Data.
“for anyone making coins (or daos, or whatever else) in the future, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ME COINS OR POWER IN YOUR PROJECT WITHOUT MY CONSENT! I don’t *want* to be a locus of power of that kind. Better to just print the coins into the hands of a worthy charity directly (though do talk to them first).”
Buterin noted that he does not want future crypto projects sending him coins, as he does not want to be, as what he describes, a “locus of power.” He also mentions in the tweet “how bad Covid is becoming” and issues his support for coins that aim to make the world a better place.
Although it appears as though the Ethereum founder has rejected the SHIB coin, Buterin’s actions have had little impact on the coin’s performance. In fact, according to CoinGecko, there was a slight upwards bump in price following Buterin’s message.
In the last 14 days, SHIB coin is up 905%. Even more interesting, SHIB currently has the 25th highest market cap, according to CoinGecko. Even though Buterin rejected the coin, it seems all publicity is good publicity. This could also result in a bullish catalyst as holders no longer need to worry about further selling pressure from from Vitalik.
The SHIB Token
The SHIB coin is an experiment in decentralized spontaneous community building. Nicknamed the DOGECOIN KILLER and popular worldwide, the Shiba token is already up thousands of percent. The founders have locked the 50% of the total supply to Uniswap with the remaining ~50% being burned by Vitalik Buterin. This was done so everyone has to buy on the open market, ensuring a fair and complete distribution where devs don’t own team tokens they can dump on the community.
Source : bsc.news
Founded in 2020, BSCNews is the leading media platform covering decentralized finance (DeFi) on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). We cover a wide range of blockchain news revolving mainly around the DeFi sector of the crypto markets. BSCNews aims to inform, educate and share information with the global investment community through our website, social media, newsletters, podcasts, research, and live ask me anything (AMA). Our content reaches hundreds of thousands of global investors who are active in the BSC DeFi space.