Check out these five simple and easy facts to learn more about the cryptocurrency sector’s most “PUP”ular dog coin — Dogecoin.
Five Facts About Dogecoin
Dogecoin is one of the most popular coins in crypto. The popular dog coin sits in the top 10 on several crypto listings with a price of $0.103069 and a market capitalization of $14 billion.
As one of the most talked about cryptocurrencies and an easy conversation piece for onboarding the masses, we thought we’d provide you with a simple primer to learn the basics of Dogecoin.
Here we will give you five quick facts to learn more about Dogecoin. Take a look below:
- Dogecoin was originally launched in 2013 by software engineers Jackson Palmer and Billy Markus as a parody of cryptocurrency.
- Dogecoin has no set coin supply cap, meaning that it has an infinite supply. Around 10,000 DOGE are mined every minute, making it inflationary.
- Dogecoin is forked from Litecoin, allowing faster transaction times and lower transaction fees than Bitcoin.
- Dogecoin has become popular among cryptocurrency users due to its low cost and its potential use as a tipping system on social media. Elon Musk and Mark Cuban are notable advocates of the coin.
- Dogecoin has sponsored several sports and racing teams. The Dogecoin logo has been on several different NASCAR vehicles, helped get the 2014 Jamaican Bobsled team to the Olympics, and is the current kit sponsor of Watford FC in English football.
What is Dogecoin:
Dogecoin purports to be the accidental crypto movement that makes people smile! Dogecoin features the Shiba Inu, a Japanese breed of dog, as its logo. It is an open-source, peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that utilizes blockchain technology. Dogecoin’s underlying blockchain technology is derived from Litecoin. Notable features of Dogecoin included its employment of the Scrypt algorithm, its low price, and its unlimited supply. Dogecoin is very popular, ranking in the top of market cap, has enormous popularity, and maintains one of the strongest followings in crypto.
Where to find Dogecoin:
Source : bsc.news
Founded in 2020, BSCNews is the leading media platform covering decentralized finance (DeFi) on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). We cover a wide range of blockchain news revolving mainly around the DeFi sector of the crypto markets. BSCNews aims to inform, educate and share information with the global investment community through our website, social media, newsletters, podcasts, research, and live ask me anything (AMA). Our content reaches hundreds of thousands of global investors who are active in the BSC DeFi space.