Headlines include the performance of Arbitrum and Optimism, the war behind Blur and OpenSea and the continued rise of Ethereum LSDs.
Arbitrum, Optimism, Blur, OpenSea, Ethereum LSDs
Crypto moves fast. It’s not even the middle of March, but the month of February can already seem like a lifetime ago. Fortunately, Binance Research is here to give some perspective to the always-developing Web3 narratives. Its latest monthly report for February touches on important topics such as layer-2 rollups, the epic NFT market war, Liquid Staking Derivatives (LSDs) on Ethereum, and more.
Let’s check out the highlights from the Binance Research Monthly Markets Insights report:
- Market Performance: Crypto rebounded in February despite headwinds from inflation and regulation.
- Ethereum L2 rollups Arbitrum and Optimism led the way for an increase in Total Value Locked (TVL) on blockchain protocols.
- Blur’s Non-Fungible Token (NFT) trading volume exploded, and rival OpenSea responded by cutting fees and royalty rates.
- In advance of Ethereum’s Shapella (Shanghai) upgrade, TVL of LSDs hit record new highs.
- Arbitrum’s daily transactions crested above Ethereum’s.
- NFTs on Bitcoin are a thing now, as Ordinal Inscriptions have gained popularity against the wishes of many old-school $BTC diehards.
Read the full report from Binance Research here.
What is Binance Research:
Binance Research is the research arm of Binance, the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange. The team is committed to delivering objective, independent, and comprehensive analysis and aims to be the thought leader in the crypto space. Our analysts publish insightful thought pieces regularly on topics related but not limited to, the crypto ecosystem, blockchain technologies, and the latest market themes.
Find more about Binance Research here:
Source : bsc.news
Founded in 2020, BSCNews is the leading media platform covering decentralized finance (DeFi) on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). We cover a wide range of blockchain news revolving mainly around the DeFi sector of the crypto markets. BSCNews aims to inform, educate and share information with the global investment community through our website, social media, newsletters, podcasts, research, and live ask me anything (AMA). Our content reaches hundreds of thousands of global investors who are active in the BSC DeFi space.