The Internet Computer blockchain system stands out among other blockchain networks and here we learn some basic facts.
Five Facts about the Internet Computer (ICP) Blockchain
The Internet Computer is growing as 2023 takes shape. The ecosystem has grown nearly 50% so far in 2023 and in doing so is attracting attention from myriad users in the industry.
The Internet Computer has considerable upside and still feels largely unknown and misunderstood. Below, we quickly explore five facts about the Internet Computer (ICP) Blockchain. Let’s go!
1. Decentralized Infrastructure
- The Internet Computer was created as a decentralized infrastructure to host and support applications, websites, and other digital services.
2. High Performance
- The Internet Computer was built using a new consensus mechanism called “Dfinity Consensus.” The “Dfinity Consensus” enables fast, secure, and scalable transactions that allow for the ICP system to process thousands of transactions per second, making it ideal for scaling Web3.
3. Innovative Architecture
- Together with the “Dfinity Consensus,” ICP is built for fast and efficient scaling that accommodates a large number of users and applications using technology like its novel Chain Key mechanism.
- The Internet Computer is open-source, which means that its code is publicly available. Open-Source code can be reviewed and contributed by the public.
5. New Development Platform
What is the Internet Computer:
Internet Computer (ICP) is a set of protocols that allow independent data centers around the world to band together and offer a decentralized alternative to the current centralized internet cloud providers. The Internet Computer is a World Computer blockchain that can host and run mass-market social networks, online games, video streaming services, or enterprise systems entirely on the blockchain itself — eliminating the need for centralized IT and cloud services. The native ICP token is used for governance (holders can vote on the future of the network), to reward network participants for good behavior, and is used to pay fees for making transactions.
Where to find the Internet Computer:
Source : bsc.news
Founded in 2020, BSCNews is the leading media platform covering decentralized finance (DeFi) on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC). We cover a wide range of blockchain news revolving mainly around the DeFi sector of the crypto markets. BSCNews aims to inform, educate and share information with the global investment community through our website, social media, newsletters, podcasts, research, and live ask me anything (AMA). Our content reaches hundreds of thousands of global investors who are active in the BSC DeFi space.